Member - Toyota
Toyota’s commitment to the environment is illustrated by their Challenge 2050 Environmental Plan with a goal of becoming a net positive carbon company by 2050. A key component of that plan is Hydrogen Fuel Cell Electric Technology. They have been committed to this technology for over 20 years. In fact, Toyota has been selling Mirai Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles (FCEVs) in the United States since October of 2015, and the Mirai is the highest-selling FCEV in the world.
Toyota’s efforts to make sustainable mobility a reality with hydrogen started in 1992. In 2002 Toyota began limited sales of a fuel cell electric vehicle, the Toyota FCHV. Over the years, Toyota fuel cell prototypes have undergone millions of miles of road and track evaluation, rigorous in-house crash testing, and more than 10,000 miles of extreme climate testing, helping ensure the same world-class safety, dependability and reliability you’ll find in any Toyota vehicle.
Benefits and Features of the Toyota Mirai and Fuel Cell Vehicles:
- Clean and Environmentally-friendly – Zero Tailpipe Emissions (Water vapor only)
- User experience is like a traditional vehicle
- Fast Refuel Time – Approximately 5 Minutes
- Long Range – EPA-estimated range of 312 miles
- Efficient – EPA-rated 67 MPGe (Miles per Gallon Gasoline Equivalent)
- Cold Weather Performance - Starts in temperatures down to -30C
- Smooth and Quiet Operation – All-electric Drivetrain (151 HP)
- Quick and Powerful – High Torque Electric Motor (247 Pound Feet)
- Scalability – From Passenger Cars and Light Trucks to Class 8 Tractor Trailers